(Slight) Speed improvements :
- Faster scan startup speed (at the expense of a slightly bigger memory usage).
- Faster scans in general
Depending on the speed of your hard drive and the OS you're running on, you may
experience up to 15% speed improvement.
Bug fixes :
- Fixed the use of an uninitialized buffer in the shared socket code
- Fixed some uninitialized variables in nessus_tcp_scanner
- Fixed several null pointer dereferencements in libnasl
- Several other minor bugs have been fixed (see bugs.nessus.org for details)
- New NASL function 'send_capture()'
- nessusd rotates nessusd.messages on startup if the file is too big
- Enhanced nessus_tcp_scanner
- nessus-fetch now calls nessus-update-plugins upon registration
Install nessuslib, libnasl, nessus and nessusplugins in that order. A good walkthrough is available at http://www.nessus.org/demo if you're interested in trying this package out. Note that starting the server and logging into the client for the first time can take a while, as it has to load and scan all the plugins (it's faster after it's done it once).